Tuesday 8 July 2008

New York!

Ok... so when we last left off I think we were returning from the cotswolds. And then the next day I went to New York to see Jonathan (my best friend since I was 10) as he was getting married at the end of the July. As Jenny wasn't there, I didnt take too many pictures, I tend to forget to bring the camera a long and am generally rubbish at thinking about taking pics. But it was great seeing Jonathan, I havent seen him since Jenny and I got married and I was able to stay out there for about a week. During the week he had to work a bit so I hung out with his younger brother David and older brother James, with whom I am also good friends and the rest of Thronton's.

Jonathan and his family live in Nyack (although his parents moved to Minnesota after the wedding), which is just across the hudson from Manhattan but then a bit north as they still live in NY not New Jersey. Its a really beautiful location and the weather was generally fantastic. Had a huge thunderstorm that knocked out all the power when I arrived and was humid, but sunny most days.


Also got some time to work on my tennis with David and Sharon, and I think my game has improved from being atrocious to poor, but enjoyed it nonetheless.


So most of the pictures I took are from setting up before the wedding, rehearsal, and the wedding itself. Also met up with old BFAers (Fox, and his wife, Isaac, Sam, and Jenna). And the Foxes, myself, Isaac, and Sam went out for dinner my last night there, and I dont think I have laughed so much for ages as we regaled each other with our stories from BFA.


So I think Ill just include the pictures below. Most of them are pretty self explanatory. Except for this one. Its just Jonathan and Erikias car. I thought it was pretty funny.





I think at this stage I was getting pretty bored and showing off my dance moves to David.

So yes that is it really. There are of course lots of pictures to which I am as of yet not privy to, but hopefully soon. David is also the photographer in many so my thanks to him. All in all it was a great wedding and a great trip. The location was beautiful and it was really fun meeting up with old friends and remembering the good ol' days. My best wishes to the the bride and groom should they find themselves reading this.

I think next weeks installment will be from the O2 festival and think I shall hand over to Jenny for that.

No comments: